Respiratory Therapist (RRT)- Nights
McKinney, TX 75067 US
SHIFTS: Nights 7:00pm - 7:00am (ROTATING WEEKENDS)
Shift Differentials: Weekends - $4; 12 hour night shift - $3.10
It is the responsibility of respiratory therapists to demonstrate proficiency in all modalities of Respiratory Care. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for the execution of their assignment, which may include, but not limited to O2 therapy, UABD, IS, IPPB, CPT, ABG, bronchoscope assistance, and ventilator care and airway management. All assessments/evaluations will be done in compliance with hospital and department policies. It is the responsibility of each employee to maximize the resources of the hospital. As a member of the respiratory team, the employee will make a significant contribution to the public’s perception of the hospital.
- One year of recent acute care experience in Respiratory Care (RRT) is required
- Must be licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) are required within six months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate and care for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Requires full understanding and ability to utilize the Respiratory Care process. Requires knowledge, ability, and judgment necessary to:
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy, and licensure practice acts.
- Must possess knowledge of respiratory therapeutics and the correlation of diagnostic assessment
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of respiratory equipment, and perform multiple technical procedures
- Make discriminating observation
- Must be capable of performing CPR without limitation and respond to all emergent situations
- Must be able to perform job responsibilities independently.