Respiratory Therapist (RRT)- Nights
Denton, TX 75057 US
SHIFTS: Nights 7:00pm - 7:00am (ROTATING WEEKENDS)
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing respiratory care assessments, performing and planning interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct patient care, patient/family education, and provision and supervision of therapeutic treatments. In addition, the Respiratory Therapist provides clinical management, control, and diagnostic evaluation consistent with the prescribed treatment plan and the policies and procedures of the Department of Cardio-Respiratory Services. The Respiratory Therapist performs care consistent with the age-specific and developmental needs of patients.
- Participates in a hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers, and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure the safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care to patients with a variety of medical diagnoses and resulting complications.
- Performs respiratory assessments.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Set up and manage ventilators.
- Administer medications.
- Obtain arterial blood gas, sampling, and analysis.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Document interventions.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Monitor patient status and response to therapy.
- Maintains a clean work environment and department
- Remove equipment after use and make it ready for the next use
- Functions as Team Lead, when needed
Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) and licensed to practice in the state of Texas as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association REQUIRED
ACLS, NRP, and PALS within 6 months of hire date or Job Description change date whichever is later, NRP only needed if working in NICU)
Minimum Associates Degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program
Minimum 1 year of current acute care hospital critical care experience
NICU experience, adult critical care, intubation, and arterial line insertion experience desired
Night Shift $3.25 per hour differential and $4.00 for weekend shift