Registered Respiratory Therapist - RRT Acute Care Hospital
Lewisville, TX 75057 US
Acute Care Hospital - Lewisville
SHIFTS: - Nights 7:00pm - 7:00am
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing respiratory care assessments, performing and planning interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct patient care, patient/family education, and provision and supervision of therapeutic treatments. In addition, the Respiratory Therapist provides clinical management, control and diagnostic evaluation consistent with the prescribed treatment plan and the policies and procedures of the Department of Cardio-Respiratory Services. The Respiratory Therapist performs care consistent with the age specific and developmental needs of patients.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Performs respiratory assessments.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Set up and manage ventilators.
- Administer medications.
- Obtain arterial blood gas, sampling and analyzing.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Document interventions.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Monitor patient status and response to therapy.
- Maintains a clean work environment and department
- Remove equipment after use and make ready for next use
- Functions as Team Lead, when needed
Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) and licensed to practice in the state of Texas as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association REQUIRED
ACLS, NRP, and PALS within 6 months of hire date or Job Description change date which ever is later, NRP only needed if working in NICU)
Minimum Associates Degree from accredited respiratory therapy program
Minimum 1 year of current acute care hospital critical care experience
NICU experience, adult critical care, intubation and arterial line insertion experience desired
What outside of the job description are you looking for in a candidate?
Consistent employment, manager is seeking candidate who will be committed long-term.
High volume patient experience in a busy critical care environment.
Team player with a great attitude. Team culture of helping others is very strong.
Night Shift $3.25 per hour differential and $4.00 for weekend shift
Sign on Bonus – UPTO $5,000
Meet Your Recruiter
Tim earned his Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Michigan State University and after working for Bank of America & Merrill Lynch for 16 years he found his way to the recruiting world. Prior to joining All Med Search as a Healthcare Recruitment Partner, Tim has managed the recruitment operations in multiple markets in the U.S. and Canada for Gecko Hospitality with the responsibility of securing Restaurant Management professionals for an array of clients.
Tim possesses a strong work ethic and dedication to his career. He loves that he can use all of his previous recruiting and management experience to match the very best Medical professionals with the various Healthcare partners that he works with.
Tim resides in Grand Rapids, Michigan with his wife and 3 children. He enjoys coaching his kids in a variety of sports, playing basketball, camping and following Michigan State basketball/football.