Registered Nurse-Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Cardiovascular)- CVICU- Days/Nights
Dallas, TX 75230 US
- Days 7a - 7p (rotating weekends)
- Nights 7p-7a (rotating weekends)
- Night Shift Differential: $4.30
- Weekend Differential: $4.30/hr.
- Sign on bonus $10,000
- Relocation: upto $3,000
The Pediatric CVICU (Cardiovascular) Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal-directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family, and community.
The Pediatric RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed.
The Pediatric RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The Pediatric RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence-based practices.
- 1-2 Years of Acute RN experience within specialty "Would take individuals coming from Adult Cardiovascular, Cardiac, Telemetry and Peds cardiac step-down. will look at Peds Ed for these roles as well" ACUTE CARE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not more than 5 years that they have not been in acute care. In addition, it also depends on how many years the candidate has.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BSN Required, if an AND candidate is experienced will have to get CNO approval
- Congenital Heart Experience / pediatric CVICU and/or high-acuity PICU medical-surgical experience preferred.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- PALS is required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- CCRN preferred.
- # Beds per Unit- 23-25
- Nurse to patient ratio- 2:1 or 1:1
- Skillset preferred- Adult CVICU, Cardiac, Tele, Peds Cardiac Step down, strong Peds ED