Registered Nurse Operating Room- Varied Shifts
McKinney, TX 75067 US
*On-Call Details: time and a half. For those working the day shift on weekdays - At least once a week on-call and one weekend day a month. It always changes but we have first call and backup call.
No on-call for folks who work nights or weekends
2 Shifts Available:
Side Note* Shifts vary; it can be Days or Nights.
Candidates submit their own schedules in advance and the unit will approve or adjust them as needed. Managers send out the upcoming 4 week's schedule and they pick what days they can/can't work and the unit will try to honor what the employee wants. so that's why shift lengths vary
- Weekday only; They can do 3-12 hour shifts or do 4-10 hour shifts typically and Monday-Friday only.
- Weekend only; They would work 3-12 hour shifts Friday-Sunday.
The RN – Registered Nurse – Operating Room - OR is responsible for assessing the operative nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN is responsible for providing care, which is appropriate for age-specific (pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics), the developmental and safety needs, the planned procedure, and the anesthetic agent used. The RN will communicate and educate the patient and/or their family members and/or significant others regarding events pertinent to their care. The RN also anticipates and plans for the needs of the surgical team and coordinates the care provided in the Operating Room while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
- TX RN license or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS preferred
- Will accept ANY hospital OR RN experience as long as it is RECENT with 1 year of experience (Within the last year)
- No BSN is Required but preferred