Registered Nurse Operating Room- Days/Nights/Evenings
Austin, TX 78704 US
- Schedule: 630am-3pm; 4-5 call days/month- Days
- Schedule:-7pm-7amWed-Friday- Nights
- Schedule: 1230pm - 11pm; 4 days/week - Evening
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete an age-appropriate assessment of the patient on arrival the to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical environment.
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties and equipment.
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
- 1-year Operating room environment
- Recent 1 year of acute care
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – per SDH policy
- $4 differential for nights, weekend $2
- Sign-on Bonus up to 10k (based on years of experience)- DAYS and EVENING SHIFT
- Sign-On Bonus: up to 15K- Night Shift ONLY
- Relocation assistance offered up to $3500 for qualifying candidates
- The candidate must be available for ON call and reside within 30 minutes of the facility.