Registered Nurse NICU
Lewisville, TX 75057 US
The Registered Nurse – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – RN NICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
•Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
• Carries out physician orders
• Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
• Instructs and educates patients and families
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care
• Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
• Orients and mentors new staff members
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Associates Degree in Nursing required; must enroll within 6 months of hire in a BSN program and obtain BSN within 36 months
- TX RN License or valid compact license
- Minimum 1 years of RECENT experience in a Level III NICU - PREFERS 2 YEARS
- Minimum Level 3 NICU experience required - PREFERS Level 4 NICU Experience
- Should have experience with 23 week gestational age and above
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment
- Nurse to patient Ratio- 1:1/1:2 depends on acuity
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- 16 NICU Beds
Salary: $28.64 - $35.83 ( midpoint 10 years) - $42.95 ( Max 20 years) Based on years of experience.
Sign on Bonus: Upto $7500.00
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.