Registered Nurse-ICU Stepdown Progressive Care Unit (PCU)- Days
Frisco, TX 75304 US
- Full Time (36 hours per week) - Days (Rotating Weekends)
- Sign on bonus $10,000
- Relocation: upto $3,000
The ICU Stepdown PCU RN manages the nursing care for patients admitted to the hospital in observation status by established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- MUST have Recent Acute Care Experience in PCU (within the last year)
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one-year hospital PCU nursing experience required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.