Registered Nurse- Renal Progressive Care Unit (PCU)- Days/Nights
Fort Worth, TX 76014 US
Nights: 7:00 pm- 7:00 am
ALL WITH ROTATING WEEKENDS
Nights/Weekend Differentials: $3.75 nights - $4.30 Weekends
Sign-on Bonus: –up to $10,000 - with a 2yr Commitment
Relocation: - up to $5,000
Our Progressive Care Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Our Stepdown unit provides healing to general intermediate care patients needing a higher level of skilled nursing care than on a Medical Surgical floor, but do not need an intensive level of care in the ICU. Our patient population includes post-sheath removal, stroke, spine, peritoneal dialysis, cardiac drips, and much more receiving care from our highly skilled RNs. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
Under the supervision of the nurse manager or designee, the registered nurse provides holistic, individualized patient care in response to identified needs of the complex monitored patient. Additional functions will be performed in accordance with the AACN Standards and the Nurse Practice Act in a manner consistent with the mission the goals of the organization. Leads in planning, directing, and implementing programs related to services line
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- Current Specialty certification preferred
- Needs to have at least 1 year of acute care experience as an RN. Would be open to cross train candidates. (Open to any specialty as long as they have acute care experience)
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not like more than 5 years that they have not been in acute care.
- PCU hiring manager is open to RN candidate with MS experience.
- Transplant experience - PREFERRED
- Experience with immunocompromised patients
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge
- Ability to Care for 3-4:1 patient ratios
- Ability to multitask and cope with frequent care plan changes
- Inpatient transplant ICU step down unit.
- Receive fresh kidney and liver transplant patients from ICU, care for pre and post-transplant patients and clean PCU overflow
- 120+ kidney transplants per year, est. 10-12 liver transplants per year.
- Average daily census of unit 12-16 patients
- Works closely with CVICU to prep, recover, and move patients based on acuity
- Bedside RN caring for PCU, pre and post-transplant patients, kidney and liver evaluation patients
- Comprehensive transplant education takes several months. Nurse will start taking stable PCU patients and advance as competent to take higher acuity transplant patients.
- Provide competent care and excellent customer service. Performance measured by patient outcomes, service excellence, error reporting, and teamwork
Top 1% transplant team in the nation with world-renown physicians
Shortest transplant waitlist in the nation