Registered Nurse- Neuro Progressive Care Unit (PCU)- Days/Nights
Fort Worth, TX 76014 US
Nights: 7:00 pm- 7:00 am
ALL WITH ROTATING WEEKENDS
Nights/Weekend Differentials: $3.75 nights - $4.30 Weekends
Sign-on Bonus: –up to $10,000 - with a 2yr Commitment
Relocation: - up to $5,000
Our Progressive Care Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, most compassionately. Our Stepdown unit provides healing to general intermediate care patients needing a higher level of skilled nursing care than on a Medical-Surgical floor, but do not need an intensive level of care in the ICU. Our patient population includes post-sheath removal, stroke, spine, peritoneal dialysis, cardiac drips, and much more receiving care from our highly skilled RNs. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
Under the supervision of the nurse manager or designee, the registered nurse provides holistic, individualized patient care in response to identified needs of the complex monitored patient. Additional functions will be performed by the AACN Standards and the Nurse Practice Act in a manner consistent with the mission the goals of the organization. Leads in planning, directing, and implementing programs related to services line.
The Neuro PCU RN provides direct nursing care by established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- Needs to have at least 1 year of acute care experience as an RN. Would be open to cross-training candidates. (Open to any specialty as long as they have acute care experience)
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not more than 5 years that they have not been in acute care.
- Neuro Experience is PREFERRED
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge
- Ability to Care for 3-4:1 patient ratios
- Ability to multitask and cope with frequent care plan changes
- The typical patient population on this unit are TBIs, brain tumors, post-spinal patients, SDHs, SAHs, ICUs, Ischemic/hemorrhagic strokes, VMAs and MCCs.