Registered Nurse- Labor & Delivery- Days/Nights
McKinney, TX 75057 US
- Full-Time Nights (rotating weekends) 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
- Nights Shift Differentials: $8.00
- Weekend Shift diff: $4.30
- Sign-on bonus up to $7,500
- Relocation assistance up to $3,000
The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- ADN required BSN is preferred
- Must have 1 year of recent experience in Labor & Delivery in an acute care setting
- # 7 L&D rooms
- 28-bed total Women's Services
- 160 Deliveries monthly
- NO call for this position