Registered Nurse (RN)- Neuro PCU/Stepdown
Plano, TX 75075 US
Days - 7A-7P (rotating weekends)
Nights- 7p-A (rotating weekends)
Night shift differential - $3.75/hr - Weekend Differential $4.30/hr
Sign on Bonus: $15,000
Our Neuroscience Progressive Care Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, most compassionately. As an RN on our 34-bed Neuro PCU, you will have the opportunity to provide treatment to patients with conditions that affect the brain, spine, and nervous system. We are a Level 1 Stroke Center and a Level 4 Epilepsy Center offering stroke support groups and neurological rehabilitation. Our high acuity, the fast-paced floor offers you the opportunity to work with a strong group of Nurses that are committed to providing high-quality care to our patients in one of the largest Neurology departments in the country.
The typical patient population on this unit are TBIs, brain tumors, post-spinal patients, SDHs, SAHs, ICUs, Ischemic/hemorrhagic strokes, VMAs, and MCCs.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within 6 months
- Must have at least one (1) year of Stepdown, Progressive Care, PCU, or Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital - 2 Years is preferred
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not more than 5 years that they have not been in acute care.
- Neuro Experience is PREFERRED
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge
- 34 Bed Neuro PCU
- 1:3-1:4 Ratio
Culture of the facility/ unit:
- Have a 24-hour Trauma surgery Team
- Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their charting system
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
- Facility/Department Educators
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on the nurse-friendly unit, teamwork between seasoned and new RNs
- Starbucks in lobby x2!