Registered Nurse (RN)- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)- Stepdown- Days/Nights- **Multiple Locations
Plano, TX 75075 US
Full-time Days- 7A-7P (rotating weekends)
Full-time Nights - 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
Night shift differential - $3.75/hr - Weekend Differential $4.30/hr
Sign on Bonus: $15,000 (Will expire July 24th)
Our Progressive Care Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, inmost compassionately. Our 35-bed ICU Stepdown unit provides healing to general intermediate care patients needing a higher level of skilled nursing care than on a medical-Surgical floor but does not need an intensive level of care in the ICU. Our patient population includes post-sheath removal, stroke, spine, peritoneal dialysis, cardiac drips, and much more receiving care from our highly skilled RNs. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates papatients'ischarge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within months
- Must have at least one (1) year Step down, Progressive Care, PCU o,r Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital - 2 Years is preferred
- 1 year of PCU Experience Reis quired (2 preferred).
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not lire than 5 years that they have not been in acute care.
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge
- 28 Bed CCU - Includes SICU-MICU and CVICU
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, the patient ratio is 1:3 - 1:4, and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, and Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
Culture of the facility/ unit:
1. Have a 24-hour Trauma surgery Team
2. Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their charting system
3. 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
4. Facility/Department Educators
5. Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
6. Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse-friendly unit, teamwork between seasoned and new RNs
7. Starbucks in lobby x2!
**** We also have openings for Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in the following locations: ****
Plano, Irving, Dallas, Laredo, Weatherford, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Frisco
Please review each Job Description for Specifications on each Opening!