Radiology Technologist - 1649002
Austin, TX 78704 US
Responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist
• Perform all diagnostic radiographic procedures including ER, surgical, fluoroscopic and portable radiographs.
• Select and operate radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
• Interpret and implement referring physicians’ orders.
• Practice safe radiation protection following hospital guidelines.
• Assist physicians and radiologists in procedures requiring sterile technique.
• Prepare and administer radiopaque contrast media needed for radiologic exams.
• Assess patient’s condition prior and during all radiologic procedures.
• Provide optimum patient care during exams.
• Corroborate patient’s clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by licensed practitioner.
• Perform other department related duties as needed.
• Perform minor equipment repairs and upkeep and communicate problems to supervisor or communication log.
Qualifications of the Radiology Technologist
Graduate of an America Medical Association- approved program in Radiologic Technology or meet requirements for Texas certification of Medical Radiologic Technologist on an education-equivalent basis
Entry-level graduate Radiologic technologist will be accepted depending on shift and technical responsibility of the shift
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certified or Temporary Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services as a Medical Radiologic Technologist
• ARRT (R) Certified with Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists American Registry of Radiologic Technology or ARRT (R) registry eligible with understanding that must have ARRT (R) within 12 months post hire
• BLS required per St. David’s HealthCare policy
• This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
• 7p – 7a OR 7a-7p OR rotating (1 position)
• Rotating weekends
• Call Required – to be discussed during the interview
Meet Your Recruiter
April has been in Staffing and Recruiting since earning her Bachelors degree in Communication in 2016 from the University of Memphis.
April recently moved to the Atlanta, GA area with her husband and son. She enjoys renovating her home, eating great food, and traveling.