RN - PCU (Flexible on Experience)
Salem, VA 24153 US
About Progressive Care Services (PCU)
Our progressive care units are for patients who require more medical attention than is available on a general unit, but less than what is required in the ICU. Our board-certified, multidisciplinary team of specialists offer compassionate care for our Medical, Cardiac and Surgical PCU patients.
Each unit offers specialized care for a range of conditions.
- 45-Bed Cardiac PCU*
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity (very fast pace) – 4:1
- Patient turnover ranges from 1 – 3 days
- Types of patients on this unit require various drips and rhythm monitoring
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
*Bed size of the unit is normally 20. Due to COVID, merged two different units merged together into one.
***NO NEW GRADS – Candidates must have at least 6 months of critical care RN experience in a hospital setting.
Number of openings: 9
Reason for vacancies: Growth of unit, and growth opportunities for current staff members
Orientation Schedule: Three (3) days Monday – Wednesday
Reporting structure: Charge Nurse, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Director
Type of culture/management style of director or on the floor: Family style atmosphere, unit leader truly cares about her staff. Several of her RN’s have been promoted up to different ICU’s throughout the facility.
***Unit leader is willing to consider candidates that don’t necessarily have progressive care experience, but have hospital experience and are open/willing to learn it.***
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, benefits, etc.):
Min: $27.70/hr (1-2 yrs exp.)
Mid: $34.63/hr (10 yrs exp.)
Max: $41.55/hr (20+ yrs exp.)
Shift differentials: $4 nights, $3 weekends
Up to $10,000 sign on bonus based upon years of experience with 2 year commitment
IDEAL CANDIDATES: Go-getter, positive “can-do” attitude.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.