RN - Medical Care Unit
Richmond, VA 23225 US
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of current nursing experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
***Candidates must have at least 1 year of acute hospital experience***
- # of Beds Per Unit: 32
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 5:1-6:1
- Orientation Schedule: 3 days per week for 8 weeks
- Monthly Department Volume: 30-34 per day
- Management style of director or on the floor: Manager is very involved, strong relationship between nurses and doctors, good peer to peer culture of inclusion. The director is a lot of fun and very engaged. He’s very good at being on the floor and interactive with his staff. They want RNs that have his same energy and enthusiasm.
- Culture of the facility/ unit: Strong relationship between nurses and doctor, great leadership director is very involved, nurses are part of unit based councils; several staff have been on unit for 20+ years
- Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: teamwork, communication, delegation of task, compassionate patient care
- Will you accept pending license: YES
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, benefits, etc.):
Based upon YOE:
Up to $10,000 sign on bonus based upon years of experience with 2 year commitment. Paid out in 2nd or 3rd check.
Relocation assistance may be available on a case-by-case basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES: Energetic, engaged, good communication skills, and dedication to team environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.