RN - ICU
Fredricksburg, VA 22408 US
- Required - Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
- Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or compact license
- Required - Current certification as an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months (180 days) of hire or start date in position.
- Preferred - Current certification in specialty field.
- Preferred - Minimum of two years of experience as a RN with demonstrated competency in critical care skills.
***Agency candidates: Minimum 2 years recent RN acute care hospital experience required (CC experience preferred ER, PCU, etc.)***
Shifts available as of 1/11/21:
4 night shift openings and 2 Rotating (2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights)
***NO New Grads***
- # of Beds Per Unit: 12
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:1 or 1:2
- 5 openings due to covid-related turnover
- Types of Services: Medical ICU: Examples of patient populations include: Post-ROSC patients (TTM), DKA, Hemodynamically unstable sepsis, ventilator management
- Management style of director or on the floor: Interim Director in place effective 10/17/2020
- Culture of the facility/ unit: Collaborative, Patient-centered
- Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: Time management, decision making ability (comfort level with clinical autonomy), care of post cath patients, IV drip management (cardiac medications, pressors)
- What outside of the job description are you looking for in a candidate? Confidence in clinical practice, effective communication skills, ability to demonstrate high impact soft skills (ie: willingness to go “above and beyond” in providing care to our patients and their family members, demonstrates support to ancillary departments/team members to provide high quality care).
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, benefits, etc.):
Based upon YOE: $29.94-44.91
Rates are per hour.
$5.00/hr. night diff 4.00/hr. weekend day diff, 5.00/hr. goes to 8.00/hr. starting Friday night 7p for weekend night diff
Sign on is up to 10K depending on experience level and comes with a 2-year commitment. Relo assistance may be available for well-qualified candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.