RN * ICU
Richmond, VA 23229 US
About Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
· 12 bed unit.
· Provides a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac and medical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
· The patient population includes diagnosis such as unstable angina and myocardial infarctions, arrhythmias, acute renal failure, acute respiratory failure, arrhythmias, cardiogenic shock, pneumonia, and sepsis.
· CICU also cares for patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery including cardiac bypass, complex valve replacement/repair, and TAVR. CICU consists of patients who require invasive hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, EKOS (PE and extremities) continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), ECMO, IMPELLA, intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and induced hypothermia.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
· Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
· Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
· Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
· Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
· Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
· Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
· Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Critical Care.
· Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending results of State Board.
Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying.
Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia or compact license.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
***ICU experience preferred, will consider strong telemetry experience***
Facility will NOT accept new grads and candidates with no recent [short-term, acute care] hospital experience.
Reasons for vacancies: retirement and attrition
Reporting structure: Clinical Coordinator/Director
Orientation schedule: 4 – 6 weeks
Culture: Supportive and friendly. Director is very supportive of staff, guided many nurses in their career to growth, and has been with the facility for over 15 years.
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, Benefits, etc.):
- Low: $28.55 (1-2 yrs exp.)
- Mid: $35.68ph (10 yrs exp.)
- High: $42.82 (20+ yrs exp.)
UP TO $10,000 sign on based on YOE, with a 2-year commitment. Up to $2,500 relo assistance.
Shift is 3-12's. Shift diff - $5 weekend Days, $6 week nights, $7 weekend nights
IDEAL CANDIDATES: Go getter, willing to work in challenging environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.