RN, Surgical First Assist in Women's Center
Tampa, FL 34637 US
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) initiates appropriate behaviors unique to first assisting, under direct supervision of the surgeon. Applies knowledge of surgical anatomy and physiology and operative technique relating to operative procedures, while maintaining a sterile environment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Performs specialized nursing care in all phases of the peri-operative role within the Surgical Area.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all regulatory standards.
· Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and documentation of such between care givers.
· Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of medications.
· Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
· Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of a school of Nursing
· Graduate of RN First Assist Program
· Two years’ Surgical Scrub experience
· Two years’ Surgical nurse experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN).
· Two years’ RNFA experience.
· Four years’ Surgical nurse experience.
· Robotic experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current Florida State licensure as RN.
· BLS Certification
· PALS Certification
· CNOR Certification (through the AORN—Association of Operating Room Nurses)
· Privileges in good standing through AHT medical staff.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
· CRNFA - Certification through officially recognized program
Meet Your Recruiter
Pamela is a Certified Recruiter with over 25 years of experience in human resources and recruiting. She has a MBA in Human Resources Management and a Bachelors of Science in Psychology. Pamela has skills in human resources, recruiting, and employee relations, and she is passionate about finding the best talent for the healthcare industry.
Her competencies include sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating, and hiring candidates, as well as maintaining positive relationships. She is focused on helping candidates find the career they love.