Tampa, FL 33592 US
Sign -On and Relocation Available
Job Title: Operating Room Nurse (RN)
The Operating Room Nurse (RN) is a key member of the surgical team, specializing in providing patient care within the operating room environment. Responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of patients throughout surgical procedures, the OR Nurse collaborates closely with the surgical team to deliver optimal care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preoperative Preparation:
- Verify patient identity, surgical site, and procedure.
- Assist with patient preparation and positioning for surgery.
- Collaborate with the surgical team to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Operating Room Setup:
- Prepare and organize the operating room with sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Confirm the functionality of surgical instruments and devices.
- Maintain strict adherence to aseptic techniques and infection control measures.
- Intraoperative Patient Care:
- Monitor and assess the patient's vital signs and response to anesthesia.
- Administer medications as prescribed and document interventions.
- Collaborate with the surgical team to anticipate needs and provide necessary support.
- Instrumentation and Assistance:
- Pass instruments and supplies to the surgical team as needed.
- Assist with maintaining a sterile field and ensuring the availability of necessary equipment.
- Communicate effectively with team members to facilitate a smooth surgical process.
- Postoperative Care:
- Assist with transferring the patient to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) or recovery area.
- Provide postoperative care instructions to patients and their families.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals in the postoperative phase.
- Communication and Documentation:
- Maintain clear and concise communication with the surgical team, including surgeons, anesthesiologists, and fellow nurses.
- Document all aspects of the surgical procedure, including surgeon's instructions, instruments used, and any complications.
- Current and valid registered nurse (RN) license.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification.
- Previous experience in perioperative nursing is preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, aseptic technique, and infection control.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Pamela is a Certified Recruiter with over 25 years of experience in human resources and recruiting. She has a MBA in Human Resources Management and a Bachelors of Science in Psychology. Pamela has skills in human resources, recruiting, and employee relations, and she is passionate about finding the best talent for the healthcare industry.
Her competencies include sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating, and hiring candidates, as well as maintaining positive relationships. She is focused on helping candidates find the career they love.