Nurse Manager Med Surg - General Post Op
Fort Worth, TX US
Job Title: Nurse Manager - Medical Surgery (General Post-Op)
We are seeking a dynamic and highly skilled Nurse Manager for our Med Surg unit with a focus on General Post-Operative care. As a pivotal member of our healthcare team as a Nurse Manager, one year of recent leadership experience in acute care in the Med Surg unit is preferred. Candidates with Post-Operative or Orthopedic care are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience managing Licensed Vocational Nurses in a leadership role is a plus! In addition, candidates that have PCU, Critical Care, or Rehab leadership experience will be considered.
- Provide expert clinical guidance and support to nursing staff in the Med Surg unit.
- Collaborate with physicians, nurse practitioner and other healthcare professionals to optimize patient outcomes and ensure high-quality care.
- Supervise nursing staff, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork, communication, and professional growth.
- Oversee the development and implementation of patient care plans, ensuring individualized and evidence-based care for each patient.
- Implement and monitor quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care, safety, and satisfaction.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Manage unit resources efficiently, including staffing levels, equipment, and supplies, to ensure optimal patient care within budgetary constraints.
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate patient care and support interdisciplinary communication.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities and encourage staff participation in continuing education.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a valid license in the state of employment.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum one-year recent leadership experience in acute care of medical-surg unit with acute care.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and accreditation standards.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- National Certification in area of expertise preferred.
Salary Range: Min $36.42 - Max is $54.63 (pay is based on years of experience)
Sign On: Case by Case
Relocation: Case by case
Shift: Days (Rotating Weekends)
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 8 years in the recruiting and staffing industry, recruiting has always been Heather’s passion. Heather enjoys the challenge of finding the right candidate with the right job. She feels that most of her success as a recruiter is due to persistent communication with both the client and candidate. This allows her to get a feel for the workplace culture enabling her to better identify candidates with the best background and experience.
Heather has lived in Texas her whole life and has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a minor in Project Management from LeTourneau University.
Heather has twin boys that are pursuing an Agricultural Science degree and a career in commercial construction management.
Most of her free time is spent helping grow and raise a registered cattle herd with her sons and saltwater fishing.