Nurse Manager (RN)- Advanced NICU
Houston, TX 77054 US
Nurse Manager (Advanced NICU)-Full Time-Houston, TX
Shift: Full Time-Nights (Rotating Weekends)
* Will be Flexible on shift times
- Under the supervision of the NICU Department director and the Chief of the Neonatology group is responsible and accountable for the planning and implementation of patient management as specified.
- Will serve as a liaison to physicians, nurse practitioners, nursing staff, families, and ancillary services or consultants of the hospital.
- Collaborates with physicians or their designee to plan and implement the discharge process with nursing staff and families.
- Evaluates collaborative care of patients to promote continuity of neonatal care between medical, nursing, and ancillary disciplines and reports observations to medical or management staff as needed.
- Facilitates coordination of care of the compromised neonate among all disciplines providing care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions, and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies), and promoting cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety, and rights of the patient.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative, and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current RN license in Texas
- BCLS certified required
- Medication Learning Modules
- Certification in specialty areas preferred
- Unit-specific clinical experience preferred
- Relocation Assistance: Case By Case
- Sign On: Case By Case (Not Guaranteed)