Multi-Modality Imaging Technologist
Brevard, NC 28712 US
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Multi-Modality Imaging Technician to join our reputable hospital located in North Carolina. As a valued member of our healthcare team, you will play a critical role in providing accurate and high-quality diagnostic imaging services to our patients. In this role, you will perform various imaging procedures using a range of modalities, ensuring patient safety, comfort, and efficient workflow. This position requires strong technical expertise, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a commitment to delivering outstanding patient care.
- Perform Diagnostic Imaging Procedures: Conduct a variety of imaging procedures including X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, mammograms, and/or ultrasound scans as prescribed by physicians.
- Patient Assessment and Preparation: Ensure patients are properly positioned and prepared for imaging procedures, addressing any concerns or questions they may have. Verify patient identification, obtain medical history, and explain the procedure to alleviate anxiety and promote patient cooperation.
- Equipment Operation and Maintenance: Operate and maintain imaging equipment, including X-ray machines, CT scanners, MRI scanners, mammography machines, and ultrasound devices. Perform regular quality control checks to ensure equipment is functioning optimally and report any malfunctions promptly.
- Radiation Safety and Protection: Adhere to radiation safety protocols and maintain a safe environment for patients, staff, and self. Monitor radiation dosage and use appropriate protective measures, such as lead shields, when necessary.
- Image Evaluation and Reporting: Review and analyze images to ensure technical quality and accuracy. Collaborate with radiologists and physicians to provide accurate interpretations and diagnostic reports.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain comprehensive and accurate patient records, including imaging orders, procedures performed, patient information, and results. Ensure proper documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines and hospital policies.
- Patient Care and Support: Provide compassionate and empathetic care to patients during imaging procedures. Address patient concerns, answer questions, and offer reassurance throughout the process.
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement: Participate in quality assurance initiatives, monitor and evaluate imaging techniques, and recommend improvements to enhance the quality and efficiency of services.
- Professional Development: Stay abreast of the latest advancements in imaging technology, techniques, and safety protocols through continuous education and professional development opportunities. Actively participate in training programs and maintain relevant certifications.
- Education: Possess a degree or diploma in Radiologic Technology or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Certification and Licensure: Hold a valid certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or other recognized certifying body. Must also possess a current license to practice as a Radiologic Technologist in the state of North Carolina.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Multi-Modality Imaging Technician, with proficiency in X-ray, CT, MRI, mammography, and/or ultrasound procedures.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in operating and troubleshooting various imaging equipment and software. Familiarity with picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) and electronic medical records (EMR) is preferred.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology relevant to diagnostic imaging. Familiarity with radiation safety protocols and regulations.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with patients, medical staff, and colleagues. Ability to explain procedures to patients in a clear and compassionate manner.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with patients of diverse backgrounds and age groups. Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Attention to Detail: Keen attention to detail to ensure accurate positioning, image acquisition, and documentation.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.