Medical Technologist (ASCP) | 7.5K Sign On Bonus
Atlanta, GA 30301 US
Shift Details: 6:30pm - 7am with Weekend rotation
Fantastic opportunity for a full-time permanent Medical Technologist at a beautiful facility located near Atlanta, GA.
Position Available: Medical Technologist - Core Lab
Up to 7.5K sign-on bonus available
Independently performs laboratory procedures for which the technologist has been trained and demonstrated competency. Independently performs laboratory testing on patients of all ages using professional knowledge of laboratory procedures, executing, interpreting and/or analyzing, in an accurate and timely manner.
· Performs clinical laboratory procedures following established guidelines. Responsible for accuracy of the test results.
· Resolves technical problems and exhibits other critical thinking skills.
· Performs and monitors Quality Control /instrument maintenance.
· Enters/ retrieves/ transmits laboratory test data into LIS/HIS.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
· Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal and regulatory agencies.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Laboratory Information System.
· Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor
· Proficient in all applicable areas of testing including troubleshooting of instruments and resolving technical problems.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
· Oversees the work of technicians, phlebotomists or lab assistants as directed by laboratory leadership.
· Assists with the maintaining and stocking of supplies.
· Participates in departmental QA.
· One year of supervised clinical experience as a medical technologist in a clinical laboratory (Experience within the last year)
· MT/MLT Generalist license