Reno, NV 89502 US
Salary based on experience range $172,000 - $240,000K
Primary responsibilities include comprehensive quality assurance, calibration, acceptance testing and commissioning of therapy machines and treatment planning systems.
Nature and Scope
The Medical Physicist will directly work with medical staff, nursing staff, and other managers in the hospital to ensure that the Cancer Center functions and specific radiation safety matters are consistent with established goals and objectives. The incumbent will be working with the Truebeam unit, Varisource iX HDR system, Philips Big Bore 16 Slice CT simulator, and Eclipse treatment planning system. Other imaging modalities such as MRI, PET/CT, ultrasound and nuclear medicine imaging are available.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. An in depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations related to physics and therapeutic services.
2. Skills to ensure the quality of radiation delivery in Radiation Therapy by planning, implementing and directing a quality control program.
3. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and be well organize to smoothly accomplish tasks and responsibilities.
4. The Medical Physicist is charged with the responsibility of assuring that the assigned physics activities meet the needs of the patients and medical staff while operating at the highest professional standard.
5. Determines and implements organizational changes as may be appropriate to provide efficient and service oriented Cancer Center functions and patient and physician activities.
6. Works closely with the Medical Staff and hospital administration to assure that the administration of Cancer Center functions and specific radiation safety matters are consistent with Health System and Center goals and objectives.
7. Assures patient care delivery systems, which take into account the consideration for patient need, community need, knowledge and skills of clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic staff while assessing available resources and establishing appropriate clinical outcomes.
8. Ability to work effectively with a broad range of personnel, including physicians, employees, clinical directors, administrative personnel and community officials.
9. The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with people verbally and in writing.
10. A thorough knowledge of related legal, regulatory, ethical, managerial and organizational requirements, principles, and standards for physics activities through the Health System.
11. Assumes responsibility for maintenance of Cancer Center records in accordance with hospital, government, and accrediting agency requirements and assures all inspection criteria are met.
12. Is responsible for establishing and maintaining educational activities for all Center employees involving radiation safety, orientation in-service, and assist the Director of Physics in the planning and implementation of training programs for the medical staff and Center employees.
This position provides direct patient care.
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Master’s or Doctorate degree in Medical Physics or related field required. Preferred graduate of CAMPEP accredited Medical Physics program.
Experience: Three years’ experience as a Medical Physicist in a Radiation Therapy department, including time spent as a Medical Physics Resident, required. Authorized Medical Physicist as defined by the NRC and/or State agency required within one year of hire.
Certification(s): Must have passed part 2 of the American Board of Radiology (ABR) exam upon hire. Within 2 years of hire, must have passed part 3 of the ABR exam and be fully certified in Therapeutic Medical Physics.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.