Medical Laboratory Technician
Brevard, NC 28712 US
Role Summary: Performs both routine and complex lab analyses and/or identification procedures on blood, tissue, and body fluids with minimal supervision. Assists management in monitoring quality control data to ensure results or procedures are accurate and precise.
- Required Education: Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- Preferred Education: Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science from an accredited institution.
- Required Certification: ASCP Certification or equivalent certification by a nationally recognized board/agency as a Medical Laboratory Technician. If not certified at time of hire, must be registry eligible and become certified by ASCP (or equivalent by nationally recognized board/agency) as a Medical Laboratory Technician within the 1st year of employment and must maintain certification status if required by certifying agency. Employees hired before October 1, 2016 who at no time during their employment were certified may be exempt from the aforementioned certifications if they meet CLIA qualifications for the appropriate level of testing for this position
- Preferred Certification: Certification by ASCP as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Preferred Experience: One year laboratory experience.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
- Night shifts available
- Salary range: $19.13 - $30.63
- Sign on bonus: $5,000
- Desired attributes: Team player, flexible, strong phlebotomy skills, positive attitude, patient focused, reliable
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.