Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse
Augusta, GA US
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Position Type: Full-time, 12 hour Nights 7pm –7am, Rotating Weekends
Relocation: case by case
Sign-On Bonus: case by case
Salary: MIN $28.40 - MAX $42.60
Shift Differentials: Nights $3.42, Weekends $4.90
We are currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Registered Nurse to join our Labor and Delivery team. As a key member of our healthcare staff, you will be responsible for providing compassionate and expert care to expectant mothers and newborns during the labor and delivery process. The successful candidate will have a solid background in obstetric nursing, exceptional clinical skills, and a commitment to ensuring a positive birthing experience for patients.
- Conduct thorough assessments of pregnant women to monitor maternal and fetal well-being during labor.
- Must contribute
- Interpret and respond to fetal monitoring data, recognizing and reporting any abnormalities promptly.
- Assess the progress of labor and provide support to mothers during this process.
- Administer medications and pain management interventions as prescribed.
- Assist with medical procedures, including inductions, episiotomies, and cesarean sections.
- Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals and participate in Shared Governance, attend unit meetings, completion of surveys, and sharing of ideas to ensure the implementation of appropriate care plans.
- Provide education and support to expectant mothers and their families, addressing concerns and questions.
- Offer guidance on newborn care, breastfeeding, and postpartum recovery.
- Foster a supportive and caring environment for patients and their families.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Ensure compliance with hospital policies, procedures, and legal regulations; including consideration of cost and impact on planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
- Associate degree in nursing or higher is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health care provider is required.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 8 years in the recruiting and staffing industry, recruiting has always been Heather’s passion. Heather enjoys the challenge of finding the right candidate with the right job. She feels that most of her success as a recruiter is due to persistent communication with both the client and candidate. This allows her to get a feel for the workplace culture enabling her to better identify candidates with the best background and experience.
Heather has lived in Texas her whole life and has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a minor in Project Management from LeTourneau University.
Heather has twin boys that are pursuing an Agricultural Science degree and a career in commercial construction management.
Most of her free time is spent helping grow and raise a registered cattle herd with her sons and saltwater fishing.