Inpatient Occupational Therapist
Atlantis, FL 33462 US
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Atlantis, FL
Schedule: 5x8 days with a flexible start time and rotating weekends
Salary: Based on experience
- 0-4 years: $32.62 - $35.90 per hour
- 5-9 years: $36.72 - $40 per hour
- 10+ years: $40.82 - $48.93 per hour
To be considered for the Occupational Therapist position in Atlantis, FL, you must meet the following qualifications:
- A 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Must possess a valid and active license to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Florida.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
The Occupational Therapist is a crucial member of our healthcare team, responsible for providing high-quality occupational therapy services to patients in Atlantis, FL. As an Occupational Therapist, your primary focus will be to assess and treat patients of all ages with physical, developmental, or emotional challenges, enabling them to regain independence and improve their quality of life.
- Patient Assessment: Conduct thorough evaluations of patients to determine their physical, emotional, and developmental needs.
- Treatment Planning: Develop individualized treatment plans based on patient assessments, setting specific goals and objectives for therapy.
- Therapeutic Interventions: Administer a variety of therapeutic techniques and exercises to improve patients' physical and mental functioning.
- Monitoring Progress: Regularly assess and document patients' progress, making necessary adjustments to treatment plans as needed.
- Educate Patients: Educate patients and their families on therapeutic exercises and activities to continue at home, promoting long-term recovery and independence.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, and rehabilitation staff, to ensure coordinated care and optimal patient outcomes.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records and reports, complying with all regulatory and documentation requirements.
- Compliance: Adhere to all ethical and legal standards, as well as the policies and procedures of the healthcare facility.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of therapeutic equipment and technology.
- Ability to adapt to diverse patient needs and conditions.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Compassion and patience in working with patients.
- Knowledge of and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- The Occupational Therapist position is full-time with a 5x8 schedule.
- Start time is flexible.
- Rotating weekend shifts may be required.
- The work environment may include hospitals, clinics, or rehabilitation centers.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Support Specialist
Marni has grown up around healthcare recruiters and has an excellent understanding of what it takes to make a successful placement. She is very organized and passionate about every task she tackles. She has experience in event planning, and loves working with wild animals at Helen Woodward Animal Shelter and the San Diego Safari Park in her spare time.