Inpatient Lead Coder (Remote)
Nashville, TN 37203 US
- Actively participates in the review and improvement of processes and services
- Responsible for analyzing weekly/monthly quality data to identify trends by vendor and coder/auditor that need to be addressed
- Prepares and presents coder education as needed based on trends and/or problematic areas identified by HSCs or corporate HIM.
- Collates and presents quality trends and findings to the VRM management team, Vendor teams
- HSC coding leadership and HIM Leadership
- Monitors and ensures vendor staff adhere with coding guidelines and policies
- Demonstrates and applies expert level knowledge of medical coding practices and concepts; assists in ensuring vendor coders adherence with coding guidelines and policy
- Assists in managing coding vendor daily workflow (e.g., work queues,/worklists, turnaround times, quality)
- Performs quality reviews of inpatient and/or outpatient records as needed (including concurrent coding); where applicable, validates physician queries, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT/HCPCS level II Codes as well as facility E/M levels and injection/infusion procedure codes assigned by vendor coders
- Validates accuracy of codes assigned by CAC (Computer Assisted Coding) tool; assists in monitoring coders CAC adoption behavior; assists in identifying precision and recall improvement opportunities
- Monitors and assists the vendors in the monthly random, focus, prebill review, and Ad Hoc quality review process
- Submits and reviews coding appeals as appropriate
- Monitors and maintains the communication logs between the HSCs and the coding vendors, including but not limited to the mailbox escalations, CIMRR logs and VRM vendor error logs
- Undergraduate degree in HIM/HIT preferred.
- Management/Supervisory experience in healthcare related field required
- Minimum of 2 years acute care inpatient and/or outpatient coding experience required
- Coding auditing/monitoring experience strongly preferred
- Associate Degree
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
As part of our recruiting process, All Med Search may contact you via email and SMS text message. By responding 'YES' to our engagement, and/or by submitting your application/resume, responding to an email, or any type of engagement with recruiting efforts, you consent to future communication via email and SMS text message. Message and data rates may apply, depending on your mobile phone service plan. For assistance, reply 'HELP' to your texts or to opt-out, reply 'STOP' to either emails or texts.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lynjaé was raised all over California, primarily Los Angeles and surrounding areas, and eventually took her talents to New York City. In NYC is where she began her career in sales and customer service. Upon her return to the west coast she implemented all the fast city life, hustle an bustle, into her career here and has excelled.
Lynjaé became a recruiter as a way to essentially help people. She realized that when she would speak with friends about their searches in employment she wouldn't get positive feedback, so she decided to go in and make a change. Lynjaé finds joy in matching candidates to the perfect job for them.
In her spare time, Lynjaé enjoys reading and making some sort of art. Painting, drawing, music, anything. She also just enjoys quality time with the ones she loves and her dog Shyla.