Asheville, NC 28801 US
THE HOSPITAL is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet recognized facility, we are a leader in the market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators. Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, THE HOSPITAL is committed to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
The Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit – RN ICU FLOAT provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
- Carries out physician orders
- Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the North Carolina Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
Current Healthcare Provider ACLS and BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
BSN Highly preferred
Will consider ADN candidate if candidate has several years of experience, must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of hire and complete program within 48 months (4 yrs). All ADN offers needs to be approved by the CNO
MUST have a minimum of 1 Year of recent ICU experience in an acute care setting - 2 YEARS PREFERRED
MUST have acute care experience in a HOSPITAL
- Busy units with high acuity; High volume
- Nurse/Patient Ratio: 1:1 may be 1:2
- CRT's, Vents, Proning, Temp Control, etc.
- Nurse driven, autonomous, modified self-scheduling
- ED experience welcome
- NO NEW GRADS
Salary: $33(1 year of experience) – Mid: $42.92 (10 years of experience) - Max: $49.50 (20 years of experience)
Differential: Second Shift - $4.00, Third Shift - $6.00 - Weekend $3.50 per hour all stackable! PLUS an additional $5.00 per hour after orientation
Sign On Bonus: $15,000
Relocation: Case By Case Basis
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.