Histology Technician/Technologist - $15,000 Sign On Bonus
Nashville, TN 37203 US
Position: Histology Technologist/Technician
Location: Nashville, TN
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, with 8 or 10-hour shifts, including evenings and nights (Rotating Weekends)
Facility: State-of-the-art standalone laboratory in Nashville, TN
Sign-on Bonus: $15,000 for Histology Technologist/Technician (with a 2-year commitment required).
Relocation bonus available for qualified candidates (with a 2-year commitment required).
- Perform a wide range of histology and cytology procedures, encompassing specimen processing/fixation, cell block preparation, embedding, microtomy, slide preparation, routine staining, immunohistochemistry (IHC), and special stains. Ensure that all tasks adhere to departmental procedures.
- Maintain precise identification of samples, blocks, and slides.
- Prepare and manage reagents for routine stains and histology procedures.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on equipment and instrumentation according to manufacturer and department guidelines, as well as department schedules.
- Strictly adhere to departmental policies concerning performance and documentation of quality control and quality assurance for both instruments and procedures.
- Utilize independent judgment and problem-solving skills to maintain the accuracy of procedures and equipment performance. Troubleshoot and take necessary corrective actions to promptly resolve issues or escalate them as needed.
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies related to performance and documentation of quality control and quality assurance for instrumentation, equipment, and procedures.
- For Histology Technologist: Associate's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or completion of an accredited program in Histotechnology and a minimum of one year of histology experience.
- For Histology Technician: Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science, Biology, or Chemistry.
- National Certification as a HT/HLT (ASCP) is mandatory.
- Profound knowledge of histology methods and their correlation with disease processes.
- The ability to follow protocols for proper fixation and routine staining of samples.
- Consistently prepare and produce specimen sections with the correct slide orientation, thickness, and stain quality for microscopic diagnosis by a pathologist.
- Demonstrate proficiency in cutting, embedding, orienting, and staining specimens.
- General understanding of laboratory accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills, leading by example.
- Ability to train others effectively.
- Proactive problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Histology Technologist: $30 - $42 (maximum cap)
- Histology Technician: $22 - $32 (maximum cap)
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Support Specialist
Marni has grown up around healthcare recruiters and has an excellent understanding of what it takes to make a successful placement. She is very organized and passionate about every task she tackles. She has experience in event planning, and loves working with wild animals at Helen Woodward Animal Shelter and the San Diego Safari Park in her spare time.