Director of Laboratory Services
Portsmouth, NH 03801 US
Job Summary and Qualifications: (Role is available in FL, TX,)
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Directs operations, programs and activities to meet organizational and regulatory requirements and to drive innovation.
· Ensures adequate and qualified staffing for the department through timeliness and consistency of staff hiring, orientation, competency, training, performance feedback and performance management.
· Develops and recognizes staff through coaching and regular feedback.
· Serves as a role model for employee output and conduct.
· Sets and executes department strategies to meet goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient satisfaction and personnel management.
· Proactively and regularly seeks feedback and input from internal and external sources.
· Evaluates and incorporates feedback into the department improvement and planning process to improve care delivery.
· Oversees the financial operation for the laboratory by monitoring resource utilization, identifying variances and opportunities, and adjusting as needed to meet service and fiscal goals.
· Prepares Monthly Operating Review report.
· Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, FDA and CMS. Develops and implements policies and procedures and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures.
· Manages key vendor relationships and supply contracts in coordination with Laboratory Services and Supply Chain guidance.
· Develops and implements a communication plan to ensure that department personnel are well informed.
· Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations
· Directs and organizes operations through the appropriate, delegation of responsibilities and authority in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
· Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures
What qualifications you will need:
· Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science, Biology or Chemistry required
· Master’s Degree preferred
· National Certification as a Medical Technologist required
· 7 years progressive laboratory management experience is required with complex laboratory operations
· Hospital clinical laboratory experience preferred
Need a strong leader to provide feedback and follow thru
Requires hospital/acute care experience
REPORTS TO - Division Lab Director
FTEs - 30
BEDS – 200+
SALARY - $125k-$135k + 15% Incentive Bonus Eligibility
$10k sign on bonus
Relocation bonus available
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.