Director Of Emergency Services
Englewood, CO 80110 US
The Hospital is an expanding, full-service, 408-bed acute care medical and surgical hospital serving the metro Denver area.
The Director of Emergency Services assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
· Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
· Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
· Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
· Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
· Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
· Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
· Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
· Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
· Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
· Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
· Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
· Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
· Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
· Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
· Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
· Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
· Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in nursing required
· Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
· Experience as Director of emergency services required.
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
· Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
Minimum of 3-5 years director experience or seasoned ED Manager from a large ER
Someone with structure and operations minded
Solid ER background and leadership experience
44 ER Beds (includes 2 treatment rooms in waiting room)
Volume: 130 patients a day
Reports to Administrative Director of Emergency Services
Salary Estimate: $116,084.80 - $177,694.40
15-22.5% Bonus Incentive
Relocation Assistance: $10K
Sign-On Bonus: Case by Case Basis
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.