Director Of Cardiovascular Services
Austin, TX 78704 US
Director of Cardiovascular Services
The Director provides 24/7 leadership for the Cath Lab, Heart and Vascular Unit, Cardiovascular Imaging, and Heart Failure Clinic. You will direct and coordinate quality assessment, improvement, policies, procedures, and practice guidelines for cardiac care. Accountable for the financial operations of cardiovascular services.
- Integrate department services with the hospital's primary functions
- Coordinate and integrate services within the department and cross-departmentally
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensure qualified and competent staffing
- Continuously assess and improve department and organizational performance
- Maintain quality control programs
- Lead payroll review and approval
- Oversee new employee orientation
- Facilitate ongoing staff education and training
- Ensure staff certification in specialized cardiovascular skills
- Lead regular unit staff meetings
- Manage physician, visitor, and patient concerns professionally
- Respond immediately to codes and emergencies
- Act as liaison between medical staff and nursing
- Assure development of department policies, procedures, and guidelines
- ACLS and BLS certified
- BSN degree
- 5+ years progressive cardiovascular leadership experience
- Current RN licensure
- Adult patient population expertise
- Oversees 3 cath labs and 7-bed day clinic
- Manages 38 staff across 3 labs
- Starts at $130k plus incentive bonus,
Contact Jerry Ruta - firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to apply.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 30 years of executive and senior leadership roles in national restaurant chains, Guerrino “Jerry” Ruta is a proven leader. He has helped build successful organizations by effectively sourcing, developing and promoting exceptional people. Jerry is a focused, driven leader who values professional relationships. He is a persuasive, influential communicator who thrives in challenging situations. He has a straightforward, helpful, collaborative approach with recruiting and staffing.
Jerry and his wife, Terry, are Pittsburgh natives and now live in Carver, MN. They have two grown children, Nicole and Augustin.