Certified Surgical Technologist - CST
Kissimmee, FL 34759 US
Positions Description: Under the supervision of the OR staff, assists in the delivery of patient care during the interoperative phase according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
- Work collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program.
- Minimum of 1 year of acute experience.
- Experience in Ortho- total joints, General OR, Endo, and GYN is required.
- Robotics experience is highly desireable.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association
- Current CST from a Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
Skills: Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
· Must be certified
· At least 1 year of CST experience
· SHIFTS: 1 Evening 4, 10s (10:30a - 9p), and 1 Day 7-7
· Call pay rate/differential - $3.00
· Call back pay is time and a half.
· Night/weekend differential - Weekend - $1 and Night is $1.50
· Would the differentials apply while Techs were on call? If they are called in and worked a min of 4 hours. Not while on call
· On call is 3pm- 7am and every weekend
· The time would be shared between all of the FT Techs
Sal Range: $19.78- $24
SIGN ON: 3k
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.