Certified Surgical Technologist - 1303123
Bradenton, FL 34209 US
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brandon was born in raised in Los Angeles, California where he currently resides. Brandon earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from San Diego State University. Brandon had worked in customer service and sales before finding an opportunity to begin his career in recruiting 3 years ago.
As a recruiter, Brandon finds immense joy in getting to know his candidates and matching their skills and personality with a compatible job and workplace environment. Brandon understands and values that a candidate’s career is an important part of their life and, for employers finding the right candidate can be a challenge. Brandon embraces this responsibility and as a recruiter he is dedicated to providing top level service to every candidate and business that he works with.
Brandon is a big sports fan and grew up playing baseball since he was 4 years old. He credits baseball to building his strong work ethic and drive to succeed. In his free time today he enjoys playing golf, basketball or simply watching a good movie.