Certified Surgical Technician - 1313409
Gainesville, FL 32614 US
Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined by the registered nurse. Responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel.
- Completes all assigned procedures and therapies within the specific time frame.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to the team leader and/or charge nurse.
- Assists with the transfer of patients.
- Assists physician in the performance of select procedures.
- Operates specialty equipment per manufacturer's recommendation and/or policy and procedures.
- Assists with providing care for the patient both pre-, intra, and post-specialized procedure.
- Assists with transporting and positioning patient on the operating bed, specific to operative procedure, type of anesthetics to be used, and use of protective devices as indicated.
- Performs item counts to include but not limited to: sponges, sharps, vessel loops/umbilical tapes, bovie cleaner, pre-, intra, and post operatively.
- Take appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Monitors patient's response to surgical intervention intra-operatively and reports status to RN circulating nurse.
- Prepares medication for operative field according to hospital policy with assistance from circulating nurse and/or surgeon; correct route and label appropriately.
- Organizes supplies, instrumentation of operative field under the supervision of the RN.
- Collects labels specimens for diagnostic lab per hospital policy and procedure.
- Practices hands-free passing of sharps utilizing the "safety zone technique", and agreed upon area to place sharps after each use to prevent sharps exposures. Ensures that the container/holder for the cautery is in place.
- Maintains vigilance for breaks in technique and informs the RN circulator.
- Prepares OR room for subsequent procedure in a timely manner being conscious of the 30 minutes turnover time.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Must be able to take call, and return to the hospital within 30 minutes of call-back.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brandon was born in raised in Los Angeles, California where he currently resides. Brandon earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from San Diego State University. Brandon had worked in customer service and sales before finding an opportunity to begin his career in recruiting 3 years ago.
As a recruiter, Brandon finds immense joy in getting to know his candidates and matching their skills and personality with a compatible job and workplace environment. Brandon understands and values that a candidate’s career is an important part of their life and, for employers finding the right candidate can be a challenge. Brandon embraces this responsibility and as a recruiter he is dedicated to providing top level service to every candidate and business that he works with.
Brandon is a big sports fan and grew up playing baseball since he was 4 years old. He credits baseball to building his strong work ethic and drive to succeed. In his free time today he enjoys playing golf, basketball or simply watching a good movie.