CVOR Registered Nurse (RN)
Englewood, CO 80113 US
The OR RN As an Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team environment. You will contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgical Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Here is some of what you can expect from being an OR Registered Nurse with us:
- You will oversee and direct the care of the surgical patient.
- You will bring your OR Nurse specialized skills to serve specific age groups, which may include adult, adolescent, geriatric, or pediatric populations.
- You will prepare for each procedure and/or surgery by ensuring there is adequate stock, and appropriate equipment available in areas as assigned.
- You will assist with post procedure workload including cleaning room between procedures, putting away all unused supplies & setting up for the next procedure.
- You will teach, supervise, and serve as a resource person and delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff members.
- You may rotate to areas other than OR, and will perform only those duties that you have demonstrated competency.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
• Colorado State RN license or compact license is accepted - Will accept pending license
• Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required
Must have at least one (1) year CVOR RN RECENT experience in an acute care hospital - PREFFRED IS 2 YEARS
- MUST live with 25-30 mins of facility for call
- 13 OR's in the Main OR
- Heart and Vascular Surgeries - https://swedishhospital.com/specialties/heart-and-vascular-surgery
- FTE in Unit - Main OR has 24 Surg Tech’s, 38 RN’s, 5 Anesthesia Tech’s, 7 Schedulers, 6 EVS, 1 Business Manager, I Director, 1 VP
- Reason for vacancy: expansion of heart program
- This position will be working CVOR but Swedish does not currently have the volume of hearts that this candidate would be doing heart cases all the time. The expectation would be that they would also do other cases in the Main OR as needed. They are currently working on expanding their heart program so ideally in the future the heart volume will increase.
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE SWEDISH TEAM?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Three Emergency Rooms
- 412 Beds
- Multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
- 23 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
- Support provided for OR Nurses to attend annual AORN Conference & Expo
- Close relationship with nearby Craig Rehabilitation Hospital (National top 10 rehab hospital)
- Radio Frequency Identification for patient tracking (RFID)
- OR Tracker
- UDI tissue tracker interface/integration with Meditech
OUR SURGICAL SERVICE LINES:
- Trauma Surgery
- Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
- General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
- Robotics (daVinci Xi robots, Mazor, Mako)
- Regional leader in Cochlear implants
- Advanced ENT
- Facial Trauma/Maxillofacial
- GYN/Oncology 5 star health grades
- Organ procurement/tissue donation
- Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center with 6 ORs
- MAKO robot for total knees
- Burn & Reconstructive Center
Salary Range: $37.94/hr - $46.31 (10yrs) - $55.61 (20yrs) - based on yrs. of experience),
Sign on bonus $10,000 - with 2 year commitment (paid out 30 days after start)
Relocation: Case by Case basis
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.