Assistant Patient Access Director
El Paso, TX 79925 US
As the Assistant Director of Patient Access, you will lead the department in delivering superior care to every patient on every visit. You will assist the Director in the daily operations of all Patient Access functions and serve as the liaison between the Shared Service Center (SSC) and the facility.
• Provide a clear understanding to all PTAC staff of what the monthly metric goals are and how the department directly impacts these metrics and share with them what they can do to help improve the statistics/metrics.
• Handle all escalated patient and physician concerns to the fullest Patient/Physician satisfaction possible
• Work with leaders in non-PTAC departments to ensure that any new co-workers hired in areas with registration responsibilities have the opportunity to attend the Patient Access training
• Inform the Patient Access Director of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (i.e. preregistration delays, pre-authorization backlogs, increased time to register patients, etc.)
• Ensure quality review measurements are in place
• Inform all PTAC and other departments in a timely manner of any Registration process or workflow changes within the HIS system, etc.
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled, and reduced percentage of error
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with at least 2 of these years in a healthcare management role or successful completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
0% annual performance incentive
Relocation assistance available with HRVP approval
Fee: 20% of the annualized salary (split per contract)
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)