Assistant Director Of Nursing
Sylvania, OH US
Assistant Director of Nursing/Quality Manager
$12,000 Sign on Bonus
$1,000 paid monthly for 12 months
Summary of Objectives: The Assistant Director of Nursing/Quality Manager (ADON/QM) works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON), may be responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities such as hiring, training staff, scheduling, and departmental budgeting of the medical and administrative systems. Has a key role providing input to the hospital’s management team in planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision making with reference to the role, functions, and operations of the hospital's nursing services. Is responsible for patient care, quality management, and improvement processes. The ADON/QM also oversee the Infection Control services for patients, visitors, and staff members. The ADON/QM will collaborate closely with the DON to improve the quality of patient care and services provided. In the absence of the DON, the ADON/QM will oversee the entire team ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures set by the organization.
- Assist in overseeing the clinical care provided to acute and psychiatric patients to assure that the high standard of care as.
- Conduct regular rounds in hospital departments for discussing, monitoring, and following the practices of infection control with staff.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Collect data on infections from hospital departments and maintaining records for every case.
- Conduct training sessions to ensure constant implementation of infection control practices.
- Participate in Infection Control and Quality and Safety Committee meetings and communicates infection outbreaks directly to the Director of Nursing.
- Prepare monthly statistical information for presentations in infection control meetings, staff in-services education programs, and quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure that the staff is free from any infectious disease.
- Works collaboratively with and oversees the infection control consultant to ensure patient and employee safety processes.
- Works collaboratively with DON to evaluate data and implement change to improve Quality Indicators and Quality Measures scores.
- Cross-train as Director of Nursing (DON), performing DON duties, tasks, and responsibilities in the absence of the DON or as assigned.
- Maintains the standards of nursing practice within the institution and assists in assigning staff, evaluating performance, and making recommendations for personnel actions.
- Helps investigates and assesses new products. In-service all new equipment and products to appropriate staff. Assists in the implementation and use of standardized equipment and procedures throughout the facility whenever possible. Assists with care and maintenance of patient care equipment and supplies.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, research activities, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of techniques, guidelines, and regulations. Interprets relevant laws, policies, and standards for effective and accurate implementation.
- Attends meetings as required. Participates in medical, administrative, and educational, hazardous waste, safety, wellness, pharmacy and therapeutics, integrated care, and infection control committees as designated.
- Tracks and trends data of all Incident Reports and provides education regarding areas of opportunity.
- Help to provides liaison with physicians to improve the clinical function and efficiency of service delivery.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and HIPAA Security procedures and protocols. Follows established HIPAA procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information. Maintains and protects patients’ rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality. Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written, electronic, or oral disclosures.
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences and displays concern and initiative. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
- Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws, as well as hospital polices that apply to assigned duties.
- Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct
- Rotates “on call” coverage, including but not limited to staffing call coverage.
- Assists on the floor as assigned including but not limited to picking up shifts as a staff nurse or mental health tech.
- Assists with interviews of new applicants and provides orientation training and facilities competencies to clinical staff.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position generally serves as a supervisor in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
Required Education and Experience: RN required, five years of clinical and/or managerial experience in an acute care psychiatric setting is also preferred
Here is why you should join our team….
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance (HSA or PPO Plan)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid group life insurance
- Company paid long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Health savings account
- 401k options
In addition to these great benefits, Employees also enjoy:
- Free meals and unlimited fountain drinks
- Daily Pay program (receive pay daily, no more waiting for payday)
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Employee referral bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Employee discount program through “Tickets at Work” on (hotel, airfare, car rental and much more)