Abilene, TX 79601 US
The Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO)/Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Nursing assists in providing oversight for the provision of safe, effective, high-quality nursing care throughout the hospital. The ACNO assists in ensuring compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from neonate to geriatric by establishing guidelines and directing their implementation for the delivery of nursing care, treatment, and services in a financially viable manner. The ACNO ensures the effective operation and the continuous improvement of the activities of assigned departments.
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration, Healthcare Administration, or another related field
Required Licensure: Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
- Reports to the CNO
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assists in planning budget requirements for personnel, supplies, and equipment in coordination with the CNO, CFO, and nursing leadership.
- Participates in the development of Hendrick’s strategic plans and programs Works cooperatively with the Medical Staff and hospital personnel to ensure that the highest quality of health care is being provided to patients.
- Assists in the direction of administering nursing services across the hospital to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
- Supports and develops nursing unity and collaboration in coordinating the employee selection process, work assignments, performance evaluations, and staff development for these services.
- Ensures continuing quality assessment, improvement analysis, and evaluation of patient care delivery.
- Plans and recommends new facilities, equipment, and modifications needed to provide patient care.
- Recommends, supports, and participates in education services, programs of education, and training, including orientation of new employees. Encourages and facilitates the professional advancement of employees by providing opportunities for further education and experience.
- Supports recruiting and retention efforts for nurses to achieve staffing targets, staff engagement, and other organizational goals.
- Evaluates and make recommended policy decisions that affect nursing care across the hospital while incorporating best practices gathered from current evidence-based nursing research.
- Represents the organization in various community forums.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity at all times to establish the expectations that direct and indirect reports do the same. Engenders trust by communicating openly with others and constructively sharing feedback.
- Assesses and recognizes personal strengths, and opportunities for improvement, and pursues continual self-development.
- Reacts positively and proactively to crucial developments in areas of expertise that may affect business operations.
- Develops processes to engage employees in achieving the objectives of Hendrick Health System, provides continual feedback, and empowers employees to provide input on decision-making and planning processes.
- Seeks and incorporates physician feedback in matters related to patient care processes.
- Other duties as assigned.