CST - Certified Surgical Technician
Englewood, CO 80113 US
Seeking a Certified Surgical Technician to ensure that they continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
Here is some of what you can expect from being an Certified Surgical Technician with Swedish:
- You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the department in the scrub role.
- You will be experienced in all aspects as aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed; and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure.
- You may come in contact with medications and therefore must demonstrate understanding of proper medication management and storage as well as maintaining a secure medication environment.
- You will act as a preceptor, resource and mentor for new staff members, surgical technician students and existing staff.
Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians.
Current CST Certification preferred.
Registration as a Surgical Tech by Colorado Division of Registration (DORA) REQUIRED
This is a state requirement and a CST WILL not be able to work with out it. This is comparable to a background check turnaround time is 3-6 weeks to obtain.
Professional and Occupational Licenses questions:
Division of Professions and Occupations
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
MUST have at least one (2) years CST experience in an acute care hospital
DO NOT SUBMIT with less than 2 years experience
MUST have recent acute care experience
Candidates should be well rounded in ALL service lines as they will do all types of cases
- MUST live with 25-30 mins of facility for call
- 13 OR's in the Main OR
- Specialty Surgeries - https://swedishhospital.com/specialties/surgery
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE SWEDISH TEAM?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Three Emergency Rooms
- 412 Beds
- Multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
- 23 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
- Support provided for OR Nurses to attend annual AORN Conference & Expo
- Close relationship with nearby Craig Rehabilitation Hospital (National top 10 rehab hospital)
- Radio Frequency Identification for patient tracking (RFID)
- OR Tracker
- UDI tissue tracker interface/integration with Meditech
OUR SURGICAL SERVICE LINES:
- Trauma Surgery
- Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
- General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
- Robotics (daVinci Xi robots, Mazor, Mako)
- Regional leader in Cochlear implants
- Advanced ENT
- Facial Trauma/Maxillofacial
- GYN/Oncology 5 star health grades
- Organ procurement/tissue donation
- Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center with 6 ORs
- MAKO robot for total knees
- Burn & Reconstructive Center
Salary Range: $23.64/hr - $31.02 (12yrs) - $35.46 (18yrs) - based on yrs. of experience)
On call pay: $ 4.00P/H - Call back pay: 1-1/2 your hourly pay.,
Sign on bonus $5,000 - with 2 year commitment (paid out 30 days after start)
Relocation: Case by Case basis
Meet Your Recruiter
Brent McKenzie has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, starting with his family resort. From there, he worked in every aspect of restaurants, starting as a dishwasher.
Since then, Brent has added more than 10 years of management experience. His management experience helps him identify qualified candidates and match them to the needs of clients. He has experience opening several new businesses, both large and small. These challenges make him a sharp eye for the type of skills that hard-working professionals should bring to the table. It also makes him exceptional at noticing talent that is ready for further development.
Brent is very dedicated to completing any task and brings that passion to his clients and candidates. His attention to detail and constant drive are an asset to any career or talent search.